2017 – 2018 Asheville Shield Classic division
May 29, 30, and 31, 2017
6:30 – 8:15 PM
UNCA Main Field
U13 – U18
Birth years 2000 – 2005
What to Bring to Tryouts:
- Valid copy of birth certificate. (Does not have to be certified.)
- Completed medical release form. (PDF here.)
- Adequate hydration for intense, 1 hour session.
There is no fee to tryout for Asheville Shield Classic division.
- Players should be prompt, prepared and ready to engage.
- Turn in your paperwork at the ASFC volunteer table to receive your player number.
- Parent/family interaction with the coaching and evaluation staff is strictly prohibited during tryouts.
- It is highly recommended that players attend 2 of the 3 sessions to insure a proper evaluation.
Teams will be formed on the basis of turnout and player skill/talent level.
Any player in an eligible age group is welcome to tryout.
Not all who tryout will make a team.
What Comes After Tryouts:
- Players will be notified via email within 5 days of the final tryout date (by June 5, 2017.)
- They will have 3 days to accept their position (by June 8,2017.)
- Players accepting positions will pay a non-refundable $250.00 deposit and their $165 uniform fee, in full.
$250 non-refundable deposit
Required to secure a player’s position upon his/her acceptance. Your deposit will apply to the $700 player fee.
Click here to pay $250 deposit.
$700 ASFC club fee per player/per season.
After $250 deposit, $450 in club fees remain.
– Click here to pay $450 club fee balance, in full
– Click here to pay $450 club fee balance, in three $150 installments
$165 uniform kit per player.
Click here to purchase uniform kit
(optional warm ups will be available)
Financial assistance for those who qualify.
Email to inquire
Included in the ASFC club fee:
League registration fee.
No additional fees.
No hidden costs.
No player fundraising drives.
What the Fee Covers:
All age groups
- Licensed, collegiate level coaches, one (1) per team.
- Two (2) training sessions per week (mandatory) at UNCA or other Asheville field.
- Minimum of nine (9) competitive matches per season.
- Structured strength training program for the summer, available only to Shield Classic players.
- Four (4) day camps run by affiliate International Players.
– Free to registered Shield Classic players.
– $150.00 to non-Shield players, with limited slots available.
U16 – U18
- One (1) ID tournament in the fall for boys and one (1) ID tournament in the fall for girls.
- One (1) tournament at the beginning of the season.
- One (1) tournament at the end of the season.
U13 – U15
Three (3) tournaments per season, dates/locations TBD.
* Player is responsible for individual lodging and meal expenses associated with tournament travel.
Josh Shemroske – Head Coach, U18 Boys
Kyle Stewart – Head Coach, U17 Boys
Mitchell Botfield – Lenoir-Rhyne College player from U.K.
Jack Miller – Wingate University player from Scotland
Christian Szalay – Wingate University player from Austria
Thomas Seery – Lenoir-Rhyne College player from England
Cameron Saul – Asheville City Soccer Club player from England