Shield Classic division is geared toward the player that wants the ultimate youth competitive environment. This division will require a minimum established skillset, and both player and parents will need to be committed to travel and mandatory training, with a willingness and a passion to truly engage the coaches and program as a team player. Classic division is Shield’s highest level of both time and financial commitment. The advantages are real and many for those that desire to pursue this path.
Features of Shield Classic:
- The absolute best coaching to player ratio that only small clubs can provide.
- A true competitive environment with other teams across our region, be it in league or tournament play.
- Guidance, instruction, and training that is geared for soccer at the collegiate level for those that desire it, as well as those that just want “the best” without pursuing a collegiate path.
- Assistance with the college recruiting process (if desired.)
- Strength training
- The pinnacle of Shield honor, commitment, and excellence.
A Shield Classic position is earned and should never be taken for granted.
2017 – 2018
May 29, 30, and 31, 2017
6:30 – 8:15 PM
UNCA Main Field
U13 – U18
Birth years 2000 – 2005
What to Bring to Tryouts:
- Valid copy of birth certificate. (Does not have to be certified.)
- Completed registration and medical release form. (PDF here.)
- Adequate hydration for intense, 1 hour session.
There is no fee to tryout for Asheville Shield Classic division.
- Players should be prompt, prepared and ready to engage.
- Turn in your paperwork at the ASFC volunteer table to receive your player number.
- Parent/family interaction with the coaching and evaluation staff is strictly prohibited during tryouts.
- It is highly recommended that players attend 2 of the 3 sessions to insure a proper evaluation.
Teams will be formed on the basis of turnout and player skill/talent level.
Any player in an eligible age group is welcome to tryout.
Not all who tryout will make a team.
What Comes After Tryouts:
- Players will be notified via email within 5 days of the final tryout date (by June 5, 2017.)
- They will have 3 days to accept their position (by June 8, 2017.)
- Players accepting positions will pay a non-refundable $250.00 deposit (pay here) and their $165 uniform fee (pay here), in full.
$250 non-refundable deposit
Required to secure a player’s position upon his/her acceptance. Your deposit will apply to the $700 player fee.
Click here to pay $250 deposit.
$700 ASFC club fee per player/per season.
After $250 deposit, $450 in club fees remain.
– Click here to pay $450 club fee balance, in full
– Click here to pay $450 club fee balance, in three $150 installments
$165 uniform kit per player.
Click here to purchase uniform kit
(optional warm ups will be available)
Financial assistance for those who qualify.
Email to inquire
Included in the ASFC club fee:
League registration fee.
No additional fees.
No hidden costs.
No player fundraising drives.
What the Fee Covers:
All age groups
- Licensed, collegiate level coaches, one (1) per team.
- Two (2) training sessions per week (mandatory) at UNCA or other Asheville field.
- Minimum of nine (9) competitive matches per season.
- Structured strength training program for the summer, available only to Shield Classic players.
- Four (4) day camps run by affiliate International Players.
– Free to registered Shield Classic players.
– $150.00 to non-Shield players, with limited slots available.
U16 – U18
- One (1) ID tournament in the fall for men and one (1) ID tournament in the fall for women.
- One (1) tournament at the beginning of the season.
- One (1) tournament at the end of the season.
U13 – U15
Three (3) tournaments per season, dates/locations TBD.
* Player is responsible for individual lodging and meal expenses associated with tournament travel.
Drop us an email!
Mark Girardi, Club President and acting Classic team manager –
Josh Shemroske, Head Coach – U18 Men –
Kyle Stewart – Head Coach – U17 Men –